Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Porter Robinson and Skrillex, enough said.


So if you missed the Porter Robinson, Skrillex show, well than your life was seriously deprived of a mind bending, body shaking, soul losing experience. ...Yes it was all that and more. These two guys came to play and WIN!


...... Win really, really, really BIG! . . .(they did, btw)
, with a little help from V2!
The boys at V2 out did themselves, and thank goodness too, since they sold out! If you thought Get Lucky was insane, than Skrillex and Porter was straight up Asylum!



The place was packed, wall to wall, body to body and no one seemed to mind at all.



And why would they, Porter Robinson would soon grace the decks and all would be right in the world . .


Till than we had a lot to distract us . .
I don't think the Go-Go dancers were a bad touch, ahem..
Hot Hot HOT!


I've been to a lot of EDM events this year and one of my biggest peeves, whether it be significant enough to even be one, you may judge . . But is it just me or do you too hate watching people on stage who can't dance for a shitake mushroom?

Well don't fret when it comes to V2 they hate that ish too. So they only hire the best and the hottest.






I might of gotten a little carried away . .oops.

Can you blame me?




No worries though. .I soon found focus again when I got to meet Porter Robinson backstage.


He's probably the coolest 18 yr old I've ever met.
Did you know he was in High school? . .He's winning. Battling a cold and all, Porter took the stage ready to throw down the sickness and dont just mean his germs.

Although I'm pretty sure there were many in the audience of the female gender hoping to catch his cold . .





. . .The boy is fine, too young for me but fine none the less. Fine for the eyes and m
ega fine for the ears!


I've never seen such intricate, detailed mixing as I did that night.

What I witnessed standing behind Porter . . well lets just say there a effing reason the name "Porter Robinson" holds weight in the game!



He did things to me and the crowd that well I just don't think we'll ever be same, in a really fantastic way.
















Porter took no prisoners, .. he killed us all and we liked it . . A lot.



After being slayed by Porter, one must ask one self, "Can I really handle me some Skrillex right now?" . .


. . . The answer is yes, yes and more YES!!!



I hung out with Skrillex backstage before he went on, he was soo excited about playing a sold out show, it was his biggest show yet and it was here in good ole Salt Lake City, lucky us!

As he coined backstage, "I don
't think Salt Lake City is ready for this jelly" ..

We weren't but how could we had ever prepare for what was in store next? . . We couldn't, and that's because NO ONE will ever be ready for Skrillex's jelly.





Skrillex absolutely, positively, one hundred percent, without a shadow, hoodie, umbrella of a doubt, Insert high pitch voice here->"Killed IT!!!!!


Slay, slay, SLAY, kill, kill, KILL, .. seemed to be his format for the night and what a beautiful format it was! Mmmhmm.



I never really knew what jelly was or could be till I met Skrillex . .


I really dig jelly now but only the Skrillex kind. Thankfully for myself, I got enough jelly in my system that night to last me a lifetime or at least till EDC.. crossed fingers !!!



Skrillex went on stage and the crowd literally went effing insane.

Why wouldn't they it was Skrillex!











My favorite part was when he stage dived ..Swagged out.



Skrillex has literally taken over the Dub scene within a year!!


And if that's not swag, well than, psshh, I don't know what is!







Another amazing show and huge success for the Boys at V2 and they're only getting started.
Their next EDM show is with Wolfgang Gartner and Felix Cartel.. "I'm excited!!!"


Till next time Nightfreq'rs;
Peace, Love, Hugs and only the safe drugs ;-p
XoXoX, MaMa Beatz

No comments:

Post a Comment